Wednesday, January 5, 2011

THANKS

Thanks for reading this blog.

Sometimes it amazes me that anyone reads this.  It is just a list of the books I've read. It is little writings which help me formulate what I thought about a book.  

It also helps me remember.  When I wonder if I've read a book, I come back to here and check.  Most of the mystery books I've read the past three years are listed here. 

So your reading and occasional responses are an added blessing.

I'm especially blessed by my connections to other bloggers who write about mystery stories.  Most of the books I read come from their suggestions.

As I've gotten older, my values have changed.  I don't want to be rich or famous.  I don't even want to be known by a lot of people.  I want to spend my last few years doing what I have valued all my life: loving my family and friends, reading good books (especially mysteries), and writing whatever I want to write.

Thanks for coming along for the ride.

6 comments:

Mary Vaughn said...

Last paragraph says it all - family, friends and good mysteries. Who could ask for more?

Bev said...

Thank YOU for writing a great book blog. I get some of my ideas from you for book discussion or just to read for myself.

Happy New Year Joe!

Aimless Writer said...

Amen.

Joe Barone said...

Thanks for the nice comments. Happy New Year to all of you.

Cousin Helen said...

This family member says 'thank you' also for your blog! Love you and wish you all a very Happy New Year...enjoy your favorite things!

pattinase (abbott) said...

Glad to be here.