Thursday, February 23, 2012

MY OWN READING

I've said it a lot, but I will say it again. 

This blog is just a record of my reading. And I read whatever I want to read.

We went to the used book store yesterday. I came home with a bunch of books about Fat Andy. I've read a lot of those over the years, but I have more of them to get through. I have catching up to do.

We have a couple more Jack Frosts sitting on our computer room table now. And I plan to order more. There are only six or seven in that series.

I greatly appreciate bloggers for the books they suggest. But in the last year or so, I've come to read a greater percentage of older books because I know what I am getting. I read for pleasure. Not to write this blog.

Some authors have a high percentage of hits with me, and I'm likely to go back to them.

When I finish reading through the Spenser series, I've thought about going back and rereading Ed McBain. He is my favorite mystery-police procedural writer of all time. 

So you may get a heavier mix of my old favorites here. But I will still read new books too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to you comments - Fat Andy - who I never knew before your blog, and the Ed McBain stories which I've never read. Those older books are so good. I had to laugh, the day you gathered your Fat Andy and Jack Frost, I grabbed a pile of Jane Langton books. Happy reading!
Michel

Joe Barone said...

This post made me laugh. I think you just gave me another author to try. Your suggestions have been good.